With the 2017 season well underway, I believe we have assembled our best and most professional coaching team ever. The club and committee agree all 3 senior PS4NPL teams will perform admirably during the season.
- Director of Coaching – Steve Neville – (B Licence)
- Senior Coach – Jamie Harnwell – FFA/AFA Professional Licence (Pro Diploma International), FFA/AFA A,B & C Licence, Bachelor Science (Human Movement), Bachelor Business (Sports Management)
- Senior Assistant Coach – Michael Johnson (B Licence)
- Under 20s Coach – Willie McNally (C Licence)
- Under 20s Assistant Coach – Jake Harman (C Licence)
- Under 18s Coach – Ryan Jeans (B Licence)
- Under 18s Coach – Stuart Banks (B Licence)
- Sports Science Coach – Kieran Davies (Bachelor Science & Sports Dev. Cert 4 & Diploma)
- Head Trainer – Trent Raykos
- Assistant Trainers – Michael Janssen & Danelle Terry
It is important to note that every appointed coach has played for Sorrento during their respective careers so they understand the culture and great camaraderie between players and coaches having experienced it first- hand. This is a tremendous boost for us and unmatched in the PS4NPL.
The purchase of GPS trackers (worn by the players during training and match days and one of the very few PS4NPL clubs that use them) together with real game time videos, game analysis and membership at the local gym (Catalyst Duncraig) further confirms our commitment to a more professional environment for all our players and coaches.
Setting a pathway for our younger players remains our primary goal, however, it is important we continue to be competitive in the PS4NPL and attract outstanding and ambitious players to our club.
Ciaran Lougheed – Acting Junior Vice-President has had outstanding success with our new Junior Development Programme – SAP (Skills Acquisition Programme) and I believe this club will become the powerhouse of the future encompassing all competitions in the coming years.
Keep in touch during the season when we will be profiling each of our coaches and players, including video interviews.
Alan Gray – Senior Vice-President